If i made a verbal agrement over the phone to settle on my claim,but did not sign yet,can i change my mind?

Patterson, CA |

It's my insurance co. I was in a hit and run.i was hit from behind and the other person got away..

Yes. You do not have an agreement until you sign on the dotted line. It is always advisable to have a PI lawyer advise you to make sure you get all the benefits you are entitled. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

This sounds like an #uninsuredmotorist claim. If you were injured, you should retain an attorney before making any further statements to your insurance company.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

Yes, you can still change your mind, since you haven't signed anything yet. However, do yourself a favor and consult with an attorney before you do sign. Best of luck to you.

Yes, but never handle a UM claim yourself, or you will get 10 cents on the dollar at best.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

UIM claims in California are tricky little devils, especially when the at fault driver has only basic coverage. If someone is a victim of a hit and run, it is possible that the runaway driver may turn himself or herself in (hey, it could happen) or he or she could get caught (more likely) in which case his or her insurance may come into play. If the UIM policy won't pay until other options are exhausted, getting compensated can be quite frustrating. Thus, anyone physically injured in a car accident by an uninsured, uninsured, or hit and run driver should consult with a personal injury lawyer. Many of personal injury lawyer types offer free initial consultations so there really is no downside to talking to us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

There is a procedure known as a Motion to Enforce Settlement, at least in my jurisdictions, which compels completion of an oral settlement. However, if you make no further statements whatsoever to the insurance company or its representatives and contact an experienced attorney ASAP now, you can likely still pursue the matter.

This is one of the reasons it is crucial, when dealing with a very large industry, not to attempt to go up against the machine alone. Click the blue lunk below for more:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

yes you can change your mind even if you orally agreed over the phone to settle. However, it is in your best interest to consult with an attorney before you settle the case to be sure you are getting all the benefits from the carrier that you are entitled to and also to make sure you have exhausted any other potential sources of recovery ....... Best of Luck.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.