If I'm applying for the dream act and I'm married could that affect my application?

Charleston, SC |

Immigration dream act

1. First, the Dream Act was never passed. Second, you are referring to applying for DACA or Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals. Third, whether you are married does not affect whether you are granted DACA. Best Of Luck.

2. There is no dream act. You are referring to DACA. If you entered the country illegally you most likely will need a waiver and have to return to your home country for a green card. Your best option is to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. There is no Dream Act. If you are referring to DACA, a marriage would not impact the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. If a DREAM Act is ever passed, it may make a difference. Regarding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, it should not make any difference.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

5. Marriage does not cause a person to lose benefits under the DACA Program.