If I'm applying for the dream act and I'm married could that affect my application?

Asked 8 months ago - Charleston, SC

Immigration dream act

1. Carlos Andres Lopez

Pro

2

Answered . First, the Dream Act was never passed. Second, you are referring to applying for DACA or Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals. Third, whether you are married does not affect whether you are granted DACA. Best Of Luck.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

1

Answered . Marriage does not cause a person to lose benefits under the DACA Program.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

Answered . There is no dream act. You are referring to DACA. If you entered the country illegally you most likely will need a waiver and have to return to your home country for a green card. Your best option is to consult an immigration attorney.

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . There is no Dream Act. If you are referring to DACA, a marriage would not impact the case.

5. Stephen D. Berman

Pro

Answered . If a DREAM Act is ever passed, it may make a difference. Regarding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, it should not make any difference.