If I'm a minnesota resident and I lost my license in Wi for an Owi, but I work in wisconsin, is there anyway getting Wi occup.?

Asked about 2 years ago - Osceola, WI

can I get a wisconsin occupational if I work in wisconsin but am still a minnesota resident?

1. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

1

Answered . Were you revoked in Wisconsin for a Wisconsin OWI?

Were you convicted or was it an Administrative action?

Then Minnesota saw that and took license action?

Do you have any Minnesota driving privileges?

2. Lawrence A. Newman

1

Answered . You should consult with both WI and MN DMVs. Often both DMVs (where you hold a license and where you had an OWI) have to be satisfied. Administrative actions in multiple states are becoming the norm on DUI/DWI/OWI cases.

I sometimes call the DMVs and inquire about what they require of my clients to get privileges of any type. Second consult with OWI lawyers in both jurisdictions. I do both, because the DMVs have tremendous power and authority and it is not always clear cut.

They may want:

1. fines, fees, surcharges
    2. evaluation/assessment
    3. classes/programs/workshops

Ask if one gives reciprocity for the other's DMV conditions of discharge being met and do they offer an occupational. Some states (DMVs) give credit for work done in the other state.

If this was a refusal OWI some states don't recognize or give privileges just based upon the refusal.
    As my grandma used to say, "it doesn't hurt to ask," even for things that you may not get.