If I'm a minnesota resident and I lost my license in Wi for an Owi, but I work in wisconsin, is there anyway getting Wi occup.?

Osceola, WI |

can I get a wisconsin occupational if I work in wisconsin but am still a minnesota resident?

1. Were you revoked in Wisconsin for a Wisconsin OWI?

Were you convicted or was it an Administrative action?

Then Minnesota saw that and took license action?

Do you have any Minnesota driving privileges?

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin http://addbalance.com Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: http://addbalance.com/police.htm

2. You should consult with both WI and MN DMVs. Often both DMVs (where you hold a license and where you had an OWI) have to be satisfied. Administrative actions in multiple states are becoming the norm on DUI/DWI/OWI cases.

I sometimes call the DMVs and inquire about what they require of my clients to get privileges of any type. Second consult with OWI lawyers in both jurisdictions. I do both, because the DMVs have tremendous power and authority and it is not always clear cut.

They may want:

1. fines, fees, surcharges
    2. evaluation/assessment
    3. classes/programs/workshops

Ask if one gives reciprocity for the other's DMV conditions of discharge being met and do they offer an occupational. Some states (DMVs) give credit for work done in the other state.

If this was a refusal OWI some states don't recognize or give privileges just based upon the refusal.
    As my grandma used to say, "it doesn't hurt to ask," even for things that you may not get.

Lawrence (Larry) Newman, D.C., J.D. Attorney at Law Doctor of Chiropractic Licensed in NY, PA, NJ, & FL http://www.ithacainjurylawyer.com http://www.ithacadwi.com The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Dr. Newman strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.