If I lose my cdl license and go to the dps to replace it will I get arrested if I have a warrant

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

I have a speeding ticket that I haven't paid for yet and it may be a warrant and I also have a ticket I put on payment plan but I didn't pay the last payment and it may also be in warrant status by now

1. Wayne Allen Fowler

2

Answered . You can be and will likely be arrested on the spot. If you had a payment plan and defaulted, and a warrant was issued, then you would be the proud recipient of a Capias--warrant issued by the prosecutor. If you walk in without having addressed them first, Expect that they will arrest you at that point.

2. Raymond Ellis Daniel

Answered . Probably. There is no reason that they shouldn't arrest you. Check on the warrant status of your other ticket. If it's in warrant clear it up and then go.

3. Michael R Crosner

Answered . I would think this is a definite possibility, but I am a California attorney & not knowledgeable with TX laws. You should immediately consult a local TX attorney before you do anything further - call an attorney ASAP