If I lose my cdl license and go to the dps to replace it will I get arrested if I have a warrant

Fort Worth, TX |

I have a speeding ticket that I haven't paid for yet and it may be a warrant and I also have a ticket I put on payment plan but I didn't pay the last payment and it may also be in warrant status by now

1. You can be and will likely be arrested on the spot. If you had a payment plan and defaulted, and a warrant was issued, then you would be the proud recipient of a Capias--warrant issued by the prosecutor. If you walk in without having addressed them first, Expect that they will arrest you at that point.

2. I would think this is a definite possibility, but I am a California attorney & not knowledgeable with TX laws. You should immediately consult a local TX attorney before you do anything further - call an attorney ASAP

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

3. Probably. There is no reason that they shouldn't arrest you. Check on the warrant status of your other ticket. If it's in warrant clear it up and then go.