If I loose my job because I went to jail will i be eligible for unemployment

Cincinnati, OH |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I have to go to a program court order for 96 days, I'm sure I'll loose my job. Will I be eligible for unemployment?

Unemployment insurance is a program that may provide you with money if you lose your job through no fault of your own. If you quit your job without meeting these requirements, you may be denied benefits because you will be considered to have voluntarily quit your job. If you feel unsafe at your job despite taking other steps, you may be eligible.

Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer. You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

No. Not maybe or perhaps but no.