Skip to main content

If I live in Guadalajara MX, do I still have to go to Ciudad Juarez for my green card interview or can I go to the nearest one?

Seattle, WA |

1-130 petition interview process for a Mexican national

Attorney Answers 3


Yes, you must go to Ciudad Juarez, it is the only consulate that does immigrant visas

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Immigration visas are only handled there for that region.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


The embassy in Cuidad Juarez is the only office that can process the immigrant visa.

This comment is general in nature and not intended for a particular situation. This comment does not constitute legal advice. This comment does not create a client-attorney relationship.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics