If I let my COBRA cancel due to non-payment of premiums, can provider take any collections actions against me, or hurt my credit

Euless, TX |

assuming I have not filed any claims for insurance to pay.

If you incurred medical costs, and you haven't paid for them (whether through insurance our directly), you are responsible for the unpaid amounts. The provider can take any legal action it deems appropriate to recover the unpaid fees due. If the services were provided before your COBRA coverage expired, you can still submit the claims for coverage. If the services were provided after your coverage expired, you are responsible for payment.

Your question has been answered as a courtesy. This is not paid legal advice. Nothing in this communication is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect an intention to make an agreement by electronic means.