If i leave the country with advance parole will i be inadmissible?

i was 12 years old when i entered the us through montana border in 94. we entered the us with a special permit for re-entry which allowed us to remain in the us until an immigration court date. after going to court we got deported but never left the county. we were to leave voluntarily. in 2001 i got tps and wrote a pardon letter for not leaving the country in 94. i want to travel but im afraid i'll have problems re-entering.

Los Angeles, CA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

You would be best advised to consult with an experienced immigraiton attorney in California before leaving on Advance Parole.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

You could have problems re-entering the country, even with advance parole. You should consult with an experienced attorney to review all the details of your earlier adventures with immigration and the immigration court. The attorney will be able to advise you.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be... more
F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

I agree with Mr. Murphy ... travel out of the US is not a good idea.

I have no Idea what you mean when you refer to a 'pardon letter' .... unless it is a 'real' pardon and is signed by the Governor or the President of the United States ... there is no such letter that will have any value.

Meet in private with an attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.