If i leave the country with advance parole will i be inadmissible?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

i was 12 years old when i entered the us through montana border in 94. we entered the us with a special permit for re-entry which allowed us to remain in the us until an immigration court date. after going to court we got deported but never left the county. we were to leave voluntarily. in 2001 i got tps and wrote a pardon letter for not leaving the country in 94. i want to travel but im afraid i'll have problems re-entering.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You would be best advised to consult with an experienced immigraiton attorney in California before leaving on Advance Parole.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Theodore John Murphy


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You could have problems re-entering the country, even with advance parole. You should consult with an experienced attorney to review all the details of your earlier adventures with immigration and the immigration court. The attorney will be able to advise you.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Murphy ... travel out of the US is not a good idea.

    I have no Idea what you mean when you refer to a 'pardon letter' .... unless it is a 'real' pardon and is signed by the Governor or the President of the United States ... there is no such letter that will have any value.

    Meet in private with an attorney.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Immigration court

Immigration court is a division of the US Department of Justice that oversees and decides cases involving immigrants facing deportation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,172 answers this week

2,738 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,172 answers this week

2,738 attorneys answering