If I know a friend is getting sexually harassed at work what can I do to help her legally?

Asked about 1 year ago - Cookeville, TN

I am a male who has a female friend that is getting sexually harassed at work by her boss. I don't have any proof but I have no reason not to believe her she used to have texts to prove it but her phone stopped working. and she just told me today that he put his hand down her pants at work and then asked her to his office where it was just the 2 of them and then whipped his privates out and started stoking himself in front of her and asked if she wanted it. She is afraid of loosing her job and needs the money so that is why she wont say anything so I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help her without getting her in trouble or without her knowing it was me? please help I am at a loss of what to do to help her and no one should have to put up with that thanks.

1. Ben Hyder Houston II

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . She should most definitely contact an employment discrimination attorney to help her pursue her civil sexual harassment case. But she should also call the police and report this to the authorities as her boss's behavior goes beyond mere harassment and is in fact criminal.

Best of Luck!

2. Joel Efrem Cohen

3

Answered . She should contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss this matter. She is welcome to contact me at 214-803-2418, and I'll point her in the right direction.

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: A New Employment / Labor Question Has Been Posted on Avvo

3. Rodney Barton Rowlett III

3

Answered . I would strongly encourage your friend to consult with an attorney about this situation. She could also contact either the Tennessee Human Rights Commission or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

4. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

2

Answered . Contact an employment rights attorney immediately. Avvo website is a great place to start your search.