If I know a friend is getting sexually harassed at work what can I do to help her legally?

Cookeville, TN |

I am a male who has a female friend that is getting sexually harassed at work by her boss. I don't have any proof but I have no reason not to believe her she used to have texts to prove it but her phone stopped working. and she just told me today that he put his hand down her pants at work and then asked her to his office where it was just the 2 of them and then whipped his privates out and started stoking himself in front of her and asked if she wanted it. She is afraid of loosing her job and needs the money so that is why she wont say anything so I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help her without getting her in trouble or without her knowing it was me? please help I am at a loss of what to do to help her and no one should have to put up with that thanks.

She should most definitely contact an employment discrimination attorney to help her pursue her civil sexual harassment case. But she should also call the police and report this to the authorities as her boss's behavior goes beyond mere harassment and is in fact criminal.

Best of Luck!

Contact an employment rights attorney immediately. Avvo website is a great place to start your search.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

She should contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss this matter. She is welcome to contact me at 214-803-2418, and I'll point her in the right direction.

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: A New Employment / Labor Question Has Been Posted on Avvo

I would strongly encourage your friend to consult with an attorney about this situation. She could also contact either the Tennessee Human Rights Commission or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Joel Efrem Cohen

Joel Efrem Cohen

I would urge your friend to contact a lawyer BEFORE contacting the THRC and/or EEOC. Often, employees at one of those agencies can inadvertently weaken a charging party's case by making mistakes on the charge, or by certain ways of no thoroughly investigating. A lawyer can help your friend properly deal with the THRC/EEOC from the outset, and initially avoid such aforementioned mistakes. Those who sometimes try to deal with one of those agencies by themselves sometimes land up weakening their cases. --------- Original Message --------- Subject: Rodney Barton Rowlett III has added an answer to the question you answered on Avvo.