If I know a friend is getting sexually harassed at work what can I do to help her legally?

Asked about 1 year ago - Cookeville, TN

I am a male who has a female friend that is getting sexually harassed at work by her boss. I don't have any proof but I have no reason not to believe her she used to have texts to prove it but her phone stopped working. and she just told me today that he put his hand down her pants at work and then asked her to his office where it was just the 2 of them and then whipped his privates out and started stoking himself in front of her and asked if she wanted it. She is afraid of loosing her job and needs the money so that is why she wont say anything so I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help her without getting her in trouble or without her knowing it was me? please help I am at a loss of what to do to help her and no one should have to put up with that thanks.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Ben Hyder Houston II


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . She should most definitely contact an employment discrimination attorney to help her pursue her civil sexual harassment case. But she should also call the police and report this to the authorities as her boss's behavior goes beyond mere harassment and is in fact criminal.

    Best of Luck!

  2. Joel Efrem Cohen

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . She should contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss this matter. She is welcome to contact me at 214-803-2418, and I'll point her in the right direction.

    --------- Original Message --------- Subject: A New Employment / Labor Question Has Been Posted on Avvo

  3. Rodney Barton Rowlett III

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would strongly encourage your friend to consult with an attorney about this situation. She could also contact either the Tennessee Human Rights Commission or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

  4. Kevin Rindler Madison


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact an employment rights attorney immediately. Avvo website is a great place to start your search.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,810 answers this week

2,897 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,810 answers this week

2,897 attorneys answering