If I kill a wild animal (for acting like a tough guy) is it animal cruelty????

Mcadoo, PA |

a groundhog keeps messing with me. It's not cool. Hes no punxatawny phil type. I want to beat him senseless for trying to intimidate humans & teach him why we are the alpha predators on this planet. I live within city limits and can't shoot this overgrown rodent. I guess a bat or golf club will have to be my weapon of choice seeing as I have no dog. I don't want my tree hugging hippy neighbors to call the law,though. I need to know if i can lawfully bash this ugly animals' skull into the dirt? HOO_RA!!!

In Pennsylvania you can trap groundhogs and either release them or kill them; however, I would warn you to kill the animal humanely - you CANNOT cause "unnecessary" suffering: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=622266&mode=2

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.

2. No.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

3. "a groundhog keeps messing with me. It's not cool."

The idea that a rodent is "messing" with you is absurd. The only one "acting like a tough guy" is YOU. Your proposed course of action smacks of animal cruelty.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.