If i jumped bail in federal court 13 years ago i do have a bench warrant but no arrest warrant and the government never

Houston, TX |

collected the bail since a property was put as bail and never put a lien against the property could i still get charged for bail jumping

1. I don't know what the statute of limitations is but just because they didn't file before does not mean that they cannot file now if the statute has not run. Why don't you talk with a lawyer about turning yourself in and taking care of the matter instead of running and worrying? There are many great lawyers in Houston who handle federal cases.

Although I have answered the question to try to help you, you should consult with a lawyer in your area in person on the matter. In addition, my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us.

2. a bench warrant is an arrest warrant which most of the time tolls the statute of limitations. You should hire an attorney and take care of this matter.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

3. You will need an experienced federal criminal defense lawyer to sit down with and get all the facts in order to handle this situation. If you have a warrant out, then this is the only way to resolve it.

The information contained in this answer is for general guidance on matters of interest only. Accordingly, this answer is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult a professional.