If i jumped bail in federal court 13 years ago i do have a bench warrant but no arrest warrant and the government never

Asked over 3 years ago - Houston, TX

collected the bail since a property was put as bail and never put a lien against the property could i still get charged for bail jumping

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . I don't know what the statute of limitations is but just because they didn't file before does not mean that they cannot file now if the statute has not run. Why don't you talk with a lawyer about turning yourself in and taking care of the matter instead of running and worrying? There are many great lawyers in Houston who handle federal cases.

2. Mark Anthony Correro

Answered . You will need an experienced federal criminal defense lawyer to sit down with and get all the facts in order to handle this situation. If you have a warrant out, then this is the only way to resolve it.

3. Tajara Dommershausen

Pro

Answered . a bench warrant is an arrest warrant which most of the time tolls the statute of limitations. You should hire an attorney and take care of this matter.