If I initiate contact with my boyfriend with a no contact that state he can't talk to me, will either of us get in trouble?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fremont, NE

My boyfriend was arrested in Dodge County for domestic assault against me. I did not press charges, but the city did. As part of his bond, he was instructed to have no contact with me until the court date in March. We have a daughter together and this is really difficult for us. I just want to know if I initiated contact with him, would either one of us go to jail for ME contacting HIM? What if I write out a statement saying I initiated contact and sign it and give it to him so he can't get in trouble? Would that work?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

9

Answered . Although I am sure it is difficult to refrain from contact, I urge you NOT to contact your boyfriend with the no contact order in place. Good Luck.

2. Ashley Lee Albertsen

2

Answered . He would still get into trouble. There is no way around it as the order is for your protection. You will just need to hire him a good attorney and hold out until march.

3. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

2

Answered . Best to contact his lawyer and see if the bond can be modified to allow some contact. The violation would be on him if you get caught. We are happy to offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.

4. David B Pittman

Pro

1

Answered . I don't think that it is in your best interest to contact him with a no contact order. Consult an attorney before doing anything so you know all of the implications and consequences if doing this.