If I included a credit card in bankruptcy and used it after the discharge (the company didn't close it) am I responsible for it

spouse and I are seperating and I wasn't sure if this bill needed to be paid since it was discharged

Sacramento, CA -

Michael Raymond Daymude

Michael Raymond Daymude

Bankruptcy Attorney - Sherman Oaks, CA

If you used the card after discharge, yes. You are responsible for those post filing charges.

Hale Andrew Antico

Hale Andrew Antico

Bankruptcy Attorney - Santa Clarita, CA

You are responsible for all debts you incur after you file bankruptcy, and even some debts you incurred before you filed.

Stephen M Trezza

Stephen M Trezza

Bankruptcy Attorney - Tucson, AZ

All debts incurred after the date of filing of the bankruptcy petition are non dischsrable.

Chirnese Lashaunda Liverpool

Chirnese Lashaunda Liverpool

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney - Van Nuys, CA

Although you included the credit card in the bankruptcy and received a discharge, because it is post-petition debt, it is not dischargeable, and therefore you must pay it.

I wrote an article on post-petition debt if you would like additional information. Here's the link: http://liverpoollegal.com/wordpress/debt-accrue...