If I included a credit card in bankruptcy and used it after the discharge (the company didn't close it) am I responsible for it

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

spouse and I are seperating and I wasn't sure if this bill needed to be paid since it was discharged

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

8

1

Answered . If you used the card after discharge, yes. You are responsible for those post filing charges.

2. Hale Andrew Antico

6

Answered . You are responsible for all debts you incur after you file bankruptcy, and even some debts you incurred before you filed.

3. Stephen M Trezza

Pro

4

1

Answered . All debts incurred after the date of filing of the bankruptcy petition are non dischsrable.

4. Chirnese Lashaunda Liverpool

2

Answered . Although you included the credit card in the bankruptcy and received a discharge, because it is post-petition debt, it is not dischargeable, and therefore you must pay it.

I wrote an article on post-petition debt if you would like additional information. Here's the link: http://liverpoollegal.com/wordpress/debt-accrue...