If I hired a lawyer who gets the receipts from USCI?

Austin, TX |

I hired a lawyer to represent me for my adjustment of status he submitted my application in January and I haven't received receipts jet who gets them me or the law firm??? How long should this take?? And how long after that for my biometrics???

both of you get the notices. If it was submitted mid or late January - not enough time passed

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

And if it was submitted the fist or second week??? How much longer should i wait??

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

give it a little longer, sometimes it really does take longer than in other cases

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

also your attorney should have sent it by return receipt mail or some sort of secured mail, you can ask for the tracking number

Both should get the USCIS correspondence. Receipt Notices can take up to 10 days. Biometrics Notices up to 30 days.

These are questions you should be asking the lawyer you hired.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

If the attorney filed a G-28 then you would both get receipts.

Recommended articles about Immigration