If I hire an immigration lawyer what can I expect the immigration lawyer to help me with and what is my role?

Silver Spring, MD |

I am planning to hire a immigration lawyer to help me. I would like to sponsor my dad from Ethiopia to come to the US. I am a US Citizen and I live in Silver Spring, MD. What is my role as your client and what is your role when I hire you as a lawyer. What is the minimum I am expecting to pay and maximum I am expecting to pay? What does this include and what is not included?

Thank you for your help and time.

S/he will help you navigate the murky and sticky waters of immigration law and save you a lot of money by preventing erros.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Each attorney outlines with you their expectations from you and what you can expect from them. For specific details as to what those would be, including the fees charged, you should speak with several different attorneys and then choose accordingly.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

The details of your role as a client and your attorney's role as your legal representative will be established by you and the attorney you choose to hire. There is not a way to provide you a minimum and maximum fee amount, as that will depend on a great many factors, as will what is included in the contract for representation and what is not. I would assume that your goal in having an attorney represent you in such a case is to receive assistance and representation while going through what is often a complex process as smoothly and efficiently as possible while protecting your rights. Accordingly, you should look for an attorney with whom you feel comfortable and work out the terms of his/her representation of you from there.

An attorney - client relationship is a relationship. Both needs to be comfortable with the other. Your attorney will be your guide and your valuable resource as you navigate the immigration system. In terms of fees you will need to speak with the attorney since the fees will differ. There is a filing fee for the petition and there will be other fees payable to the government. This is not part of the attorneys fees. Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice