If I hire a lawyer do I have to still pay the bond also?

Saint Charles, MO |

I have a probation violation for a misdemeanor and I have talked to a lawyer and he said it would cost about $750 to take care of but on second thought I was wondering if I would still have to pay a bond which I have and is currently set at $1000 cash only .

1. Yes. Unless your attorney get it reduced.

The contents of this post do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Any comments made in this post are general in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and law of your case.

2. The bond allows you to remain free while the case is pending and is paid to the court; the attorney is being paid to defend you; two different things; you have to pay for both; if you want the attorney to try to get the bond reduced, you are asking him to put in more time, so the attorneys fees will go up.

This comment does not create an attorney-client relationship. The law and its application by the courts is constantly evolving and changing. This discussion is not to be taken as a definitive guide, and should not be relied upon to determine all fact situations. Each set of facts must be examined separately with the current case and statutory law analyzed and applied accordingly.