If i havent gotten a lawyer when i was in my car accident is it to late to get one now?

Youngstown, OH |

my name is victoria pettway and i was in a car accident on september 28th i havent gotten a lawyer because i thought me and my can do it on our own but come to find out we couldn't now were thinkin bout getting one because the insurance peopele isnt doing their job and never answerd our phone calls and son on...but were looking for a good lawyer but we don know where to look to...what should we do?

It is certainly not too late to consult a lawyer for a free consultation. Whether the lawyer takes on your case will depend on the circumstances of your case as well as what has happened since the date of the accident. Contact an experienced car accident attorney in your area immediately. Good luck.

Steven A. Schwartz
Attorney/Partner

JOEL H. SCHWARTZ, P.C.
One Washington Mall, 16th floor
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 742-1170
(800) 660-2270
(617) 250-2072 fax
sas@joelhschwartz.com
www.joelhschwartz.com

The information provided is based solely on the question and facts presented. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. www.joelhschwartz.com

Call a lawyer to see if one can benefit you. Give all the facts you have, including injuries and amount of bills. Good luck to you.

Avvo is a great place to start. Friends are also good sources of information. Look for an attorney in your area. You can always talk to more than one attorney before you decide. It is not too late to hire an attorney.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

If you don't know where to look for an attorney and friends and family aren't much help, Avvo.com is a good resource.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.I suggest you may want to contact an attorney in your area who is listed here on Avvo.com or you can contact your state Bar Association referral service and they can provide you with the names of attorneys in your area who handle personal injury claims.

i already gave them access to my medical records beacause they said that they needed it and ive already been to theapy for my back,ive been sending them the bills that's been coming to my house.ive been calling them to see what was the hold up but she never called me back like she say she will, never sent me papers about the settlement or anything

Jacob Adam Regar

Jacob Adam Regar

If you believe the other driver was at fault, definitely contact car accident/ personal injury attorneys ASAP.

yea it was the lady hit me and my cousin head on

Jacob Adam Regar

Jacob Adam Regar

Okay, understood.

You can search right here on Avvo.com for car accident attorneys in your area. It's not too late. You're doing the right thing by contacting a professional. All the best in this matter.

This website contains general information about legal matters. The information provided by Jacob Regar is not legal advice, and should not be treated as such. The legal information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Jacob Regar makes no representations or warranties in relation to the legal information on this website. You must not rely on the information on this website (including Jacob Regar’s response to your question) as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider. No attorney-client relationship is created through the exchange of information on this website. If you have any specific questions about any legal matter you should consult your attorney or other professional legal services provider. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information on this website.

You certainly should contact an attorney to help make the insurance company come to the table. I'm in your area and would be happy to speak with you. Www.nphm.com.

The statute of limitations in your state is 2 years, thus, search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a personal injury lawyer in your city, and obtain representation. Good luck to you.

Licensed in Pennsylvania & New Jersey & Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted. 1-877-258-3083. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

You have plenty of time to find a lawyer. Ohio provides a two year statute of limitations in these cases but I don't suggestyou wait that long. My firm practices throughout Ohio and we currently have several cases pending in Franklin County. We limit our practice to representation of injured people. We never represent insurance companies. Feel free to contact me at 216-781-2600 after you investigate us at www.lewm.com.

Victoria, Ohio law requires a plaintiff to file suit for an automobile accident within a specified period of time. To file a claim for negligence, Ohio law specifies a two-year statute of limitation from the date the automobile accident occurred; thus, the general statue of limitations for your claim has not expired. In Ohio, however, your insurer can limit a general statue of limitations to file certain claims by including a provision in your policy. I would request a certified copy of your policy from your insurer and contact an attorney immediately. If you miss the statute of limitations for a particular claim, you will be forever barred from bringing that claim as part of any lawsuit.