If i havent gotten a lawyer when i was in my car accident is it to late to get one now?

Asked over 2 years ago - Youngstown, OH

my name is victoria pettway and i was in a car accident on september 28th i havent gotten a lawyer because i thought me and my can do it on our own but come to find out we couldn't now were thinkin bout getting one because the insurance peopele isnt doing their job and never answerd our phone calls and son on...but were looking for a good lawyer but we don know where to look to...what should we do?

1. Steven A Schwartz

Pro

9

Answered . It is certainly not too late to consult a lawyer for a free consultation. Whether the lawyer takes on your case will depend on the circumstances of your case as well as what has happened since the date of the accident. Contact an experienced car accident attorney in your area immediately. Good luck.

Steven A. Schwartz
    Attorney/Partner

JOEL H. SCHWARTZ, P.C.
    One Washington Mall, 16th floor
    Boston, MA 02108
    (617) 742-1170
    (800) 660-2270
    (617) 250-2072 fax
    sas@joelhschwartz.com
    www.joelhschwartz.com

2. David Allen Herman Jr.

Pro

7

Answered . You certainly should contact an attorney to help make the insurance company come to the table. I'm in your area and would be happy to speak with you. Www.nphm.com.

3. Randy William Ferguson

8

Answered . Avvo is a great place to start. Friends are also good sources of information. Look for an attorney in your area. You can always talk to more than one attorney before you decide. It is not too late to hire an attorney.

4. Paul Michael Veillon

7

Answered . If you don't know where to look for an attorney and friends and family aren't much help, Avvo.com is a good resource.

5. Jacob Adam Regar

Pro

7

Answered . You can search right here on Avvo.com for car accident attorneys in your area. It's not too late. You're doing the right thing by contacting a professional. All the best in this matter.

6. Walter William Messenger Jr.

5

Answered . Call a lawyer to see if one can benefit you. Give all the facts you have, including injuries and amount of bills. Good luck to you.

7. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

6

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.I suggest you may want to contact an attorney in your area who is listed here on Avvo.com or you can contact your state Bar Association referral service and they can provide you with the names of attorneys in your area who handle personal injury claims.

Pro

6

Answered . The statute of limitations in your state is 2 years, thus, search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a personal injury lawyer in your city, and obtain representation. Good luck to you.

9. Ryan Hayes Fisher

3

Answered . You have plenty of time to find a lawyer. Ohio provides a two year statute of limitations in these cases but I don't suggestyou wait that long. My firm practices throughout Ohio and we currently have several cases pending in Franklin County. We limit our practice to representation of injured people. We never represent insurance companies. Feel free to contact me at 216-781-2600 after you investigate us at www.lewm.com.

10. Adam Paul Richards

2

Answered . Victoria, Ohio law requires a plaintiff to file suit for an automobile accident within a specified period of time. To file a claim for negligence, Ohio law specifies a two-year statute of limitation from the date the automobile accident occurred; thus, the general statue of limitations for your claim has not expired. In Ohio, however, your insurer can limit a general statue of limitations to file certain claims by including a provision in your policy. I would request a certified copy of your policy from your insurer and contact an attorney immediately. If you miss the statute of limitations for a particular claim, you will be forever barred from bringing that claim as part of any lawsuit.