If I haven't gotten the full amount in child support when is it considered late?

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendale, AZ

I received the original amount of child support at the beginning of the month, but on the 11th it was changed so that he owed more, he was told to pay the rest of the amount this month and hasn't done so yet. compared to what it was changed to, he has only paid a small amount.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Monica H Donaldson Stewart


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Although child support may be "due" at the beginning of the month or on some other date, it is not considered delinquent until the end of the month. If the full (increased) amount is not paid by the last date of the month, you can make a demand for the shortfall and determine whether enforcement action is necessary.

    ** This response is provided as general information only and does not constitute legal advice or otherwise... more
  2. R. Michael Skupin

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should review the Order that modified child support. Generally, the Order sets forth a date that the new amount of child support begins. If your statement "he was told to pay the rest of the amount this month" then the month is not over so he may not be late. Usually the Order would set forth more definite terms.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now