If i have warrants, would they arrest me at the social security office while i try to apply for a number?

Houston, TX |

I got approved for deferred action, and received my work permit in the mail already. i have warrants right now, can i get arrested while trying to get a social security number?

1. If you have open warrants, it is possible that you could be arrested anywhere. The best thing for you to do would be to immediately consult with a local criminal defense attorney as to the best way to surrender you for the open warrants. This may affect whether you are incarcerated, or even the amount of bail (depending on what offenses the warrants are for). You can use this site to find a local criminal defense attorney to assist you.

The attached comment is for informational purposes only. It is not a legal opinion and no attorney-client relationship is being entered into. Should any person wish legal advice, they should contact this attorney at his office and enter into an attorney-client relationship via a written contract, which terms will be fully discussed to client's satisfaction prior to entry.