IF I HAVE TO MAKE A BOND WHY WOULD I HAVE TO GET OUT ON PRE TRAIL RELEASE

Knoxville, TN |

IN COURT THEY GAVE ME PRE TRAIL RELEASE BUT THEY SAID I STILL HAVE TO MAKE A BOND AND STILL REPORT TO PRE TRAIL RELEASE I DONT UNDERSTAND AND THE OTHER CO DEFENDANT JUST MADE A BOND AND DONT HAVE TO REPORT I DONT UNDERSTAND ANY OTHER TIME I WAS OUT ON BOND I ALWAYS MADE IT TO COURT ON TIME UNTIL CASES WHERE RESOLVED

The court ordered a condition based on the case details and that order stands unless addressed, argued or removed. Ask the attorney of record (or the counsel assigned to your case if you are indigent) to try to present o the court to remove that condition if possible.
Without doing it in court it is impossible to give you an advice on Avvo that will result in removal of the bond condition per court order.
Has to be addressed in court.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

In Knoxville pre-trial release is usually offered based upon the details of your current charges as well as your criminal history. Compliance with pre-trial release is essentially pre-trial probation. However, you can think of it as simply a condition of your bond, meaning that you must comply with the conditions set by your pre-trial officer in order to stay out on your bond. If you wish to be released from pre-trial supervision you should speak with your attorney.

It sounds as if they placed a condition on your pretrial release. Often these "conditions" like pretrial release are due to specific charges. For example in the case of a DUI charge they may place a condition that you not drive or if there are multiple DUI charges that you be required to wear a SCRAM bracelet to insure that you are not drinking. Or in the example of a domestic assault charge they may place a condition that you stay away from the alleged victim. The Judge has the authority to set conditions on your bond and those conditions my be a result of the charge or of facts alleged by the prosecutors. Contact your attorney and they may be able to have the conditions lifted.

There are obviously facts that have been left out of this question. In short, a judge can require conditions to be met and followed.

DUI topics