If i have several complaints against NY such as police, social security errors etc

Asked over 1 year ago - Garden City, NY

do i sue ny state? where do i do this? who gets served?what kind of court state or federal? what are my sols on it? do i need to do a notice of claim and if so on who

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Clint Curtis

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The people you sue or the process you follow depend on your complaints. Even if all your complaint are valid, you may wish to focus on one at a time. Litigation or SS disability can take years and if your time and resources are divided you will be less likely to be sucessful.

  2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Depends. You posted no facts to work with. Hopefully you are aware the state, police, federal government enjoy immunity from many suits.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of... more
  3. Gaetano Parrinello

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Why not contact a local attorney who handles the various types of cases you believe you have for a free consult?

    The author of this posting is a lawyer licensed to practice law in the State of New York. He specializes in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,012 answers this week

2,956 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,012 answers this week

2,956 attorneys answering