If I have received a probation violation but believe I have not done anything to violate, what should I do?

Lansing, MI |

I am on probation for a misdemeanor. PO's recommendations on the violation say "revoke probation, and 60 days in jail"

1. I would kindly but strongly recommend you ASAP consult with a Lansing-area Criminal Defense attorney to assess your options. It is VERY common for a Judge to impose jail on one who is found guilty of violating their probation, so please ensure you consult with an attorney immediately. The burden of proof ("preponderance of the evidence") to succeed on a probation violation hearing is very low -- please be careful. I wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards, Matt Catchick.

2. Without knowing any more details about your case it is hard to gauge your situation. Either way, you should hire an attorney to defend your position. Feel free to contact me, I give free consultations.