If I have HYTA Status, do I need to disclose the information of my case on a Visa Application Form for studying in Japan?

Asked over 1 year ago - Farmington Hills, MI

The questions concerning me on the form are "Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense in any country?" and "Have you ever been convicted or sentenced for a drug offense in any country in violation of law concerning narcotics, marijuana, opium, stimulants or psychotropic substances?" I was put on probation following my trial for a misdemeanor drug possesion. I completed probation without any problems. Because I was "sentenced" on probation, does that apply for the second question?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . You were convicted of a drug offense.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

Answered . It appears that the correct answer to both questions you list is "Yes." I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney and provide all court records regarding all relevant incidents.

3. C. C. Abbott

3

Answered . Are you asking for purpsoes of Japanese immigration law? If so, you should contact a lawyer who is able to comment specifically on the laws of Japan. Their determiantion of what a alternative sentence such as HYTA could be different than that of US immigration law.