If I have been served a summons for forcible entry and unlawful detainer, do I need to show up for the court date?

Asked over 1 year ago - Erie, CO

I am not filing an answer, so what happens from here?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes -- or you may be forced out of the dwelling.

    Many attorneys in Colorado deal with FED cases. Find one in the phone book tomorrow to discuss your situation.

    Good luck.


    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more
  2. Stephen Clark Harkess

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you don't file an answer the landlord will get an Order of Possession. Shortly thereafter they can arrange to have the Sheriff come to the property and they can have a crew remove all your belongings and move them to the curb. If you do not have a defense to the FED action you need to move your belongings out of the property ASAP.

    You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or info@Harkess-Salter.com. Stephen Harkess is an attorney... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,909 answers this week

3,225 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,909 answers this week

3,225 attorneys answering