If I have been convicted of 3 DUI in 5 years, is there any way at all to get a work permit driver license? How long?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, GA

There is possibility of apeal to request new trial. I just need to know exactly how long I will have to wait until I can drive again. My PREVIOUS attorney has completed dropped the ball on me.

1. Douglas Brooks Rohan

11

Answered . No. You will be deemed a habitual violator. There was a change in the law this year to allow a permit for second DUI convictions, but you will have a hard suspension on your third conviction.

2. Allen Rust Knox

7

Answered . I agree completely with Mr. Rohan. I write separately to say that, if you think you have grounds for a new trial, you need to act fast before your appellate rights are time barred. YOu only have 30 days from the date of your conviction to file a motion for new trial or notice of appeal. Therefore, if this time has not already expired, you need to act quickly to preserve your rights. Call me if I can be of assistance.

Allen R. Knox
    125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
    Kennesaw, GA 30144
    (678) 334-1399

3. Donald Clinton Turner

Pro

7

Answered . After being declared a habitual violator your license will be suspended for 5 years and you will possibility be able to get a,work permit after 2 years with the installation of an ignition interlock and full filling several requirements . Contact a lawyer after you get closer to the 2 year suspension period

4. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

5

Answered . You should probably send them a letter letting them know that you are surrendering the house in a bankruptcy.  Tell them you do not yet have notice of a pending foreclosure, but anticipate one in the next few months.  Tell them they do not have to send you any more rent, and that you will forward any foreclosure notices directly to them.  Tell them that they should consider this letter a 30 day notice of your intention to break any lease or tenancy interest they have in the property.

Robert M. Gardner, Jr.
    HICKS, MASSEY & GARDNER, LLP
    53 W. Candler Street
    P.O. Box 721
    Winder, Georgia 30680
    Telephone: (770)307-4899
    Facsimile: (770)868-1209
    Email: hmgrmg@yahoo.com
    Website:  gadebtlaw.com

5. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

5

Answered . I'd certainly suggest giving your attorney a call. He or she will be in a much better position to answer your questions than any of us. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen