If I have an active pfa against me but was never served, am I prohibited from carrying a firearm?

Media, PA |

I got word from my ex that she filed a pfa against me but I was never served. Supposibly, it was filed about 2 months ago. As long as I'm not served my question is can I get into trouble if I get caught with a firearm?

It depends if the pfa order prohibits you from carrying a firearm. If there is a pfa out there against you, it is best for you to get a copy of it so you know what you are up against.

I agree with Ms. Auerbach. It's probably time for you to sit down with an experienced family law attorney in your area to discuss where to go from here.

Be sure to click Best Answer if you found this helpful. Disclaimer: Please note that this response does not in any way an attorney-client relationship between Kathryn L. Hilbush and the recipient. My responses are general in nature. They do not constitute legal advice. You are advised to consult an attorney regarding this and any other legal matters.