If I have an active pfa against me but was never served, am I prohibited from carrying a firearm?

Asked about 1 year ago - Media, PA

I got word from my ex that she filed a pfa against me but I was never served. Supposibly, it was filed about 2 months ago. As long as I'm not served my question is can I get into trouble if I get caught with a firearm?

1. Julie Anne Auerbach

Answered . It depends if the pfa order prohibits you from carrying a firearm. If there is a pfa out there against you, it is best for you to get a copy of it so you know what you are up against.

2. Kathryn L. Hilbush

Pro

Answered . I agree with Ms. Auerbach. It's probably time for you to sit down with an experienced family law attorney in your area to discuss where to go from here.