If i have a warrent for my arrest and im in the hospital giving birth to my child will the police come and get me????

San Diego, CA |

have felony warrent for fraud and im about to have ny baby will they pick me up at the hospital when i deliivery

1. Theoretically it's possible, but the police would first need to be aware of your whereabouts, and your warrant.

There is no warrant screening when you get admitted to the hospital, although certain issues, such as suspected child abuse, can trigger a report to the authorities.

Any response provided is for general, public information only and DOES NOT constitute an attorney-client relationship or any other professional relationship. You are hereby advised to contact an attorney to seek specific counsel regarding your unique legal situation, as this response is not based upon particular facts and therefore should not be relied upon. This attorney is licensed to practice law in California only. 11 U.S.C §528 Disclosure: Miranda Law Group, PC is a professional law corporation providing debt relief, assisting parties that file for bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code. *** Cualquiera respuesta provista es solo para información general al público y NO CONSTITUYE una relación abogado-cliente o cualquier otra relación profesional. Usted está advertido acudirse con un abogado para buscar consejería específica acerca de su situación legal particular, como esta respuesta no está basada en hechos particulares, y por lo tanto no deberá dependerse de ella. Este abogado tiene licencia para ejercer leyes en California solamente. Divulgación 11 U.S.C. §528: Miranda Law Group, PC es una corporación professional de leyes que provee relevo de deudas, asistiendo a partes que presentan peticiones de bancarrota bajo el Código de Bancarrota.

2. As mentioned, it is very unlikely that the police will learn of your warrant and arrest you. Of greater concern should be when you are out driving around that something happens such as a traffic violation and the officer learns of your warrant when running your name in his system and arrests you then. Odds are that there will not be any reason to notify or contact law enforcement while you are at the hospital. You should try to clear up your warrant as soon as possible so you do not have the warrant outstanding and causing you such concern.

3. The police will probably not come to the hospital and arrest you, but I suggest you get in contact with a lawyer and get your warrant taken care of real soon. You don't want the police coming to arrest you on the day you go home, either.