If i have a warrant out for my arrest can i still get my id.

Arlington, TX |

i need an id. cad for work, but i also have a warrant out for my arrest.. if i try to et one will they take me to jail?

The DMV and courts are separate, but there are always uniformed officers present.

You run the risk of a routine check ending up in your arrest.

Clear up the warrant ASAP.

I agree with the assessments of Mr. Dane, and also note that in many States, the fact that an arrest or bench warrant has been issued becomes part of the computerized database used by various State agencies in that State. Clear up the warrant as soon as possible, and discuss with a local defense lawyer about the underlying criminal charges that are the basis of the warrant. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER
This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship; or, constitute either legal advice or attorney advertising. Rather, given the nature of this forum, it is offered solely for information purposes, as a starting point for you to use when speaking directly to a lawyer in your State. Do not assume that the legal conclusions I mention that pertain to NJ are applicable in your State. Since the facts of each case are different, it is critical for you to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under an attorney-client privilege, so that competent advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State before making any decisions about your case.

In Texas, if you try to complete a transaction at a DPS office and you have an active warrant out for your arrest, the odds are very high that you will be arrested at the office. Contact a local criminal defense attorney to determine what you can do to take care of the warrant and get on with your life.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided as a public service and as a general response to a general question, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as specific legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.