If I have a warrant in Minnesota for a felony but live in Kentucky what are the chances they will come get me?

Elizabethtown, KY |

It is a falsely recieving assistance charge from 2010.

1. The chances they will get you? No way of knowing. The chances of you being arrested on the warrant and waiting a lot of time in jail while they figure out if they will come and get you? Again, no way of knowing, but how often do you drive? Go to a place where they check your ID? Are involved in something that might result in police contacting you? Each and every one of those contacts creates a good chance you will be arrested on the warrant. And I can tell you, it will come at a time that is going to be really, really unpleasant for you. You best bet is to suck it up and deal with your situation in Minnesota and getting on with your life rather than living in fear.

2. Each state is unique as to whether or not they will extradict on a felony charge. Is is probable that the state of MN will enter it's felony warrant into the nationa NCIC criminal data base.

If so, and you are pulled over for a traffic offense, the officer may discover the warrant and lock you up on the NCIC hit. You need to get a competent criminal defense lawyer in MN to locate the warrant and case, put the case on the docket to set aside the warrant, contact the prosecutor, and defend you in court.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Criminal defense Topics