Skip to main content

If I have a warrant for truancy and I can't pay the 800$ because I'm on ssi benifits what can I do?

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Child support

I'm 18 but the truancy warrant says its from 2011. I am on ssi and the warrant says I need to pay 800$ but I can't?can there be like a waiver for that? Also I was unaware that I was even truant and had to go to court can I fight against that or something? ?

Attorney Answers 1


Truancy is usually a class c misdemeanor. You can go down to municipal court and speak directly with the city attorney's and try to work out a deal. I'm assuming if you can't pay the $800 then you can't pay an attorney to handle this for you.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics