If I have a warrant for my arrest in FL I plan on leaving the US (with my EU passport), wil I be redflagged leaving the airport?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I understand the problem will arise when I will be re-entering the country (instantly ICE or TSA will see that there was a past problem not handled). However, at this moment, could I leave the airport and hence leave the US. I concurrently have a pending case in FL as well.

The airport and DMV are sure places to be flagged for a warrant. As an officer of the court, I can only tell you to turn yourself in. You do have legal options that I'd like to discuss with you further. Depending on what the warrant is for, we can sometimes get them recalled. Call me for free consult.

Please understand that the following is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in order to make legal determinations on your legal matter. Furthermore, an attorney-client relationship does not begin until a retainer agreement has been signed.

I agree that your warrant will come up at the airport. You should retain an attorney to assist you in making plans to turn yourself in. By doing so, you can exert some control over the circumstances of your arrest on the charge rather than being surprised.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

If you have a pending case in FL, you must comply with all the orders of the court. Sounds like you are about to become a fugitive. This is a big mistake.

The airport and DMV are sure places to be flagged for a warrant. As an officer of the court, I can only tell you to turn yourself in. You do have legal options that I'd like to Discuss with you further. Sometimes we are successful in getting the judges to withdraw the warrant, depending on how it was issued. I offer a free consultation and case review. Thanks