If I have a warrant and go to the DMV for an ID card, will they call the police to arrest me?

Hollywood, FL |

I have a warrant for a traffic violation from 2005. I never appeared in court. Now my id is expired, but I'm afraid to go to the DMV because they may have me arrested.

Why not hire a lawyer to resolve the 2005 case?

I don't have money for a lawyer

It is time to get this issue cleared up. I assume that because you are renewing you ID card, there are remaining issues which have kept you from obtaining a DL. I also assume you have become tired of having this warrant issue over your head. Hire an attorney who can probably convince the court to impose a fine and court costs and let you move on with your life.
Good luck
Robert E. Heyman, Esq

The DMV does not run background/warrant checks when processing requests. (At least I have never heard of it happening before.) But you should hire an attorney to clear the warrant up.

Traffic tickets topics