If I have a trial set for my DUI case this Friday with Public Defenders, is it too late for me to seek alternate representation?

Yulee, FL |

I am not satisfied with the effort put forward by them and I feel I have a strong case.

The short answer is maybe. It depends how old the case is, whether the state attorney agrees to a continuance and ultimately whether the Judge agrees. I suggest you contact a local attorney immediately who can make a call to the state attorney and schedule a motion in front of the Judge before Friday.

This is not intended to be an attorney-client relationship and is my opinion only. Consult with a local attorney for additional advice.

It can be done by an experienced DUI attorney but do it now if you are going to .

No, but you need to act fast.

http://defendme.net | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

Your reason seems justified (concern regarding the effort) and as has been stated previous, a lot will depend on how old the case is and how many times it has been continued.

You may wish to reach out IMMEDIATELY to local Criminal Defense counsel and they will get in touch with both the P.D.'s Office as well as the State Attorney. This is your best bet to getting some sort of stipulated continuance.

Should you desire to contact me directly I can be reached at 305-322-9971.

Please be advised that nothing in this posting is meant to supplement the advice of an attorney and The Law Office of Robert J. Lee, P.A. and/or Robert J. Lee has not undertaken any professional responsibility with regard to your case unless otherwise agreed.