If I have a trial set for my DUI case this Friday with Public Defenders, is it too late for me to seek alternate representation?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Yulee, FL

I am not satisfied with the effort put forward by them and I feel I have a strong case.

1. David Ashley Haenel

Pro

6

Answered . The short answer is maybe. It depends how old the case is, whether the state attorney agrees to a continuance and ultimately whether the Judge agrees. I suggest you contact a local attorney immediately who can make a call to the state attorney and schedule a motion in front of the Judge before Friday.

2. David Richard Damore

Pro

3

Answered . It can be done by an experienced DUI attorney but do it now if you are going to .

3. James Regan

Pro

3

Answered . No, but you need to act fast.

4. Robert Jonathan Lee

1

Answered . Your reason seems justified (concern regarding the effort) and as has been stated previous, a lot will depend on how old the case is and how many times it has been continued.

You may wish to reach out IMMEDIATELY to local Criminal Defense counsel and they will get in touch with both the P.D.'s Office as well as the State Attorney. This is your best bet to getting some sort of stipulated continuance.

Should you desire to contact me directly I can be reached at 305-322-9971.