If I have a trial set for my DUI case this Friday with Public Defenders, is it too late for me to seek alternate representation?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Yulee, FL

I am not satisfied with the effort put forward by them and I feel I have a strong case.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. David Ashley Haenel


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The short answer is maybe. It depends how old the case is, whether the state attorney agrees to a continuance and ultimately whether the Judge agrees. I suggest you contact a local attorney immediately who can make a call to the state attorney and schedule a motion in front of the Judge before Friday.

    This is not intended to be an attorney-client relationship and is my opinion only. Consult with a local attorney... more
  2. David Richard Damore


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It can be done by an experienced DUI attorney but do it now if you are going to .

  3. James Regan


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No, but you need to act fast.

    http://defendme.net | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357. Attorney James Regan, LL.M,... more
  4. Robert Jonathan Lee

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your reason seems justified (concern regarding the effort) and as has been stated previous, a lot will depend on how old the case is and how many times it has been continued.

    You may wish to reach out IMMEDIATELY to local Criminal Defense counsel and they will get in touch with both the P.D.'s Office as well as the State Attorney. This is your best bet to getting some sort of stipulated continuance.

    Should you desire to contact me directly I can be reached at 305-322-9971.

    Please be advised that nothing in this posting is meant to supplement the advice of an attorney and The Law Office... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,864 answers this week

2,915 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,864 answers this week

2,915 attorneys answering