If I have a traffic warrant in Texas can I get a Ca state ID and not be arrested?

Asked about 4 years ago - Ventura, CA

I live in Ca now and my Texas ID expires in less than a month, If I get a CA state ID while I be arrested?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Troy Austin Pickard

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . It is entirely possible that the California government will give you a CA state ID without arresting you. They may also choose to arrest you and try to send you back to Texas.

  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The best thing to do is take care of the Texas warrant. You will not be able to get a California driver's license with that not being dealt with. Getting an CA ID may be possible.

  3. Douglas Charles Michie


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Why not call the Texas court & see if you can pay it by mail. It would be a lot easier than worrying about when you will eventually be arrested.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,923 answers this week

3,374 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,923 answers this week

3,374 attorneys answering