If I have a suspended license for delaying paying my payments on a fine can I get my license restored by paying a decent amount

Asked 11 months ago - Elizabeth, NJ

or must i entirely pay it off.

1. Mark M Cheser

5

Answered . That is up to the Judge. If you just stopped paying that is contempt and you need to face that issue in court. They may work a new schedule they may not. Plus you have to pay $100 to restore the license.

2. James Alexander Abate

Pro

5

Answered . If they gave you a chance to pay and you stopped then it is less likely.

3. Douglas Wayne Jones Jr

4

Answered . Answer: Restoration will depend on the Judge. You will need to contact the Municipal Court so that a hearing date can be set up. You will need to address both the outstanding fine and your contempt for not paying. I would suggest while you are waiting for the court date to arrive, you save all the money you can so that you can either pay the fine and contempt all off or put a very substantial amount down. Good Luck.

4. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

Answered . Pay it all