If I have a suspended license for delaying paying my payments on a fine can I get my license restored by paying a decent amount

Asked about 1 year ago - Elizabeth, NJ

or must i entirely pay it off.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Mark M Cheser

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . That is up to the Judge. If you just stopped paying that is contempt and you need to face that issue in court. They may work a new schedule they may not. Plus you have to pay $100 to restore the license.

  2. James Alexander Abate


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If they gave you a chance to pay and you stopped then it is less likely.

  3. Douglas Wayne Jones Jr

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Answer: Restoration will depend on the Judge. You will need to contact the Municipal Court so that a hearing date can be set up. You will need to address both the outstanding fine and your contempt for not paying. I would suggest while you are waiting for the court date to arrive, you save all the money you can so that you can either pay the fine and contempt all off or put a very substantial amount down. Good Luck.

    We can be reached at (609) 242-5319. Please be advised that the information provided in this answer is for... more
  4. Michael J Palumbo


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Pay it all

Related Topics

License suspension for traffic tickets

License suspension is one type of traffic violation penalty, usually imposed for serious traffic violations or for repeated minor violations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,206 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,206 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering