Skip to main content

If I have a processing QDRO form now after the judge signed my divorce paper with my ex husband can I leave out the country?

Kilgore, TX |
Filed under: Divorce

I have a QDRO form processing after the judge signed my divorce paper ,Can I leave to do some business out of the country while it is processing for a period like two months ......

Attorney Answers 3


I assume by processing you mean the plan administrator is determining whether the DRO is qualified. Generally you do not need to be available during the qualification review but the administrator will send all information in writing so if you're not available to pick up your mail then you won't know if the DRO has been qualified or rejected until you return.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


If you have a QDRO in process, then you must also have legal representation concerning that QDRO. You should ask your attorney these questions.

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Sure you can leave the country just make sure your lawyer and/or the court knows this . The matter can also be placed on hold a couple months if necessary but usually you would not need to be here.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics