If I have a processing QDRO form now after the judge signed my divorce paper with my ex husband can I leave out the country?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kilgore, TX

I have a QDRO form processing after the judge signed my divorce paper ,Can I leave to do some business out of the country while it is processing for a period like two months ......

1. Adam Kielich

4

Best Answer

Answered . I assume by processing you mean the plan administrator is determining whether the DRO is qualified. Generally you do not need to be available during the qualification review but the administrator will send all information in writing so if you're not available to pick up your mail then you won't know if the DRO has been qualified or rejected until you return.

2. Vicki Elaine Wiley

4

Answered . If you have a QDRO in process, then you must also have legal representation concerning that QDRO. You should ask your attorney these questions.

3. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

1

Answered . Sure you can leave the country just make sure your lawyer and/or the court knows this . The matter can also be placed on hold a couple months if necessary but usually you would not need to be here.