Skip to main content

If i have a petty theft charge that was sealed and am now being charged with embezzelment what type of time am i looking at?

Charlotte, NC |

the total was 3500 dollar over a 3 month period but. I've been buying back most of the things i've embezzeled so that the total will go down, will this help with my sentencing. my petty theft charge was from when i was 16 years old and it was sealed and i am now 21.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. These cases are extremely difficult for the state to prove absent a full and detailed confession. Talk to a good local attorney in charlotte.

  2. You would not be looking at active time. At worst, you would receive probation. It may be possible for your attorney to negotiate a deferred prosecution agreement if the restitution is paid.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics