If I have a missed court date warrant in Dupage County will I be able to get a state ID or License?

Asked 7 months ago - Cicero, IL

Will the secretary o state pull up the warrant when I attemt to renew my license or obtain a valid state ID?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . It depends upon the purpose of the warrant. Go get the warrant taken care of before you try to renew your license.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Generally, the state DMV does not run a check on any outstanding warrant for any DMV visitors, however, if you find yourself in any traffic stop or predicament, even a cursory routine check will result in your immediate custodial arrest and you will spend a considerably longer time in custody than you will like, unless you expeditiously retain a counsel to quash and recall the ensued warrant that has no shelf life.

3. Anthony Bettencourt Cameron

1

Answered . Here is another reason to take care of the warrant. Murphy's Law of Warrants states that warrants will always be served and executed at the most inopportune possible time. Think, honeymoon, brand new, great job, date with the girl of your dreams, child's grade school graduation and always at a time when you do not have the bond money on you. By acting proactively, you get to decide when you are facing the warrant and you can go armed with bond money and, if you wish, a lawyer.