If I have a male friend offering to be a sperm donor, is there a contract that we can sign giving him no way of having custody?

Tupelo, MS |

Not that I think he would ever try to get custody or anything like that, but I'm not looking for him to be a part of my future child's life (right now he doesn't want to be anyways). I just want to make sure that I would be the only person who would have parental rights of my future child. Is this possible?

1. Yes, you should contact a local attorney to discuss the details and to have the proper document prepared and executed. You can find attorneys in your area by searching among the profiles here on Avvo. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.