If I have a male friend offering to be a sperm donor, is there a contract that we can sign giving him no way of having custody?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tupelo, MS

Not that I think he would ever try to get custody or anything like that, but I'm not looking for him to be a part of my future child's life (right now he doesn't want to be anyways). I just want to make sure that I would be the only person who would have parental rights of my future child. Is this possible?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Mary Katherine Brown


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Yes, you should contact a local attorney to discuss the details and to have the proper document prepared and executed. You can find attorneys in your area by searching among the profiles here on Avvo. Good luck!

    Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,631 answers this week

2,960 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,631 answers this week

2,960 attorneys answering