If i have a dismissed possession of paraphernalia ticket and if i apply for deferred action well there be a problem ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Salinas, CA

in January of 2012 my friend was pulled over for a traffic infraction but since he had no license and was 17 at that time , the police had the right of searching the car so when the police searched the car they found marijuana and cocaine so he confessed to the drugs and when i got searched they found a rolled dollar bill in my sweater , so we got booked to the police station , since i have no legal lawful status in the u . s . i was able to get deported for the paraphernalia charge , so vie obtained an attorney and right before my first court meeting i was notified by my attorney that my case was dismissed and no charges were charged against me , now after my first incident with the law , vie graduated from college with my AA and stayed clean , if i apply for differed action will i be den

will i be denied eventhough ive never been charged or found guilty of a crime? i meet the deffered action critiria the only problem is the dismissed paraphernalia ticket

1. Douglas Holbrook

7

Answered . You would appear to qualify for deferred action, but to on the safe side, you should be consulting with an experienced immigration attorney.

2. Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

5

Answered . Copy and paste this question in the practice area "immigration."

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

6

Answered . From the facts you present, this incident may not be a barrier. However, you should consult an experienced immigration attorney with all of the facts of your case.

4. Michael Douglas Shafer

4

Answered . See an immigration attorney.