Skip to main content

If i have a dismissed possession of paraphernalia ticket and if i apply for deferred action well there be a problem ?

Salinas, CA |

in January of 2012 my friend was pulled over for a traffic infraction but since he had no license and was 17 at that time , the police had the right of searching the car so when the police searched the car they found marijuana and cocaine so he confessed to the drugs and when i got searched they found a rolled dollar bill in my sweater , so we got booked to the police station , since i have no legal lawful status in the u . s . i was able to get deported for the paraphernalia charge , so vie obtained an attorney and right before my first court meeting i was notified by my attorney that my case was dismissed and no charges were charged against me , now after my first incident with the law , vie graduated from college with my AA and stayed clean , if i apply for differed action will i be den

will i be denied eventhough ive never been charged or found guilty of a crime? i meet the deffered action critiria the only problem is the dismissed paraphernalia ticket

Attorney Answers 4


You would appear to qualify for deferred action, but to on the safe side, you should be consulting with an experienced immigration attorney.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


From the facts you present, this incident may not be a barrier. However, you should consult an experienced immigration attorney with all of the facts of your case.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


See an immigration attorney.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Copy and paste this question in the practice area "immigration."

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics