If i have a child support wage garnishment and tax lien through the state can i still qualify for federal student loans in AL

Decatur, AL |

the garnishment and tax lien are over 5 years old but are still ongoing

1. Considering it's free to apply, why don't you apply and see what happens? I don't know if there is a per-se prohibition against people with garnishments getting aid if that is your question.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here. Please visit my web site: www.avanesianlaw.com for more information about my services.

Child support topics