If I have a child can human services put us in a foster home?

Asked about 1 year ago - Pueblo, CO

I'm a 16 year old mother with a job and I'm currently in online schooling.My father is verbally and mentally abusive and I have text messaging proof that he is.He also has entire custody of me. I'm thinking of calling up The Department of Human Services but I'm afraid we'll go to a foster home. Could I stay with my boyfriend if I had a choice between foster care and a relative?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . This is a really difficult position. So sorry to read of it. DHS can indeed place you and your child in foster care.

Where is your mom?

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

4

Answered . You and your child could be put in foster care, hopefully together. They choose who you stay with. It would be a family. It would NOT be your boyfriend, that is certain. They would look at a relative first that they think that they could trust and then look second at a foster family.

3. Alexis Riley

2

2

Answered . Yes, you and your child could be placed in foster care, hopefully together. Do you have any other other family they could place you with?