If I have a case pending does that mean I have a warrant?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

La pd came to my old house looking for me . So I looked up if I had any warrants and it said case pending .

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

6

Answered . If you failed to appear at you court hearing a warrant has been issued . Get an attorney to deal with this. This could also be for an entirely different matter.

Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

2. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

4

Answered . Your lending case may be a pending arrest warrant meaning you may be able to go into court and surrender and possibly get an OR release. This if course has many factors which it would depend on.

Elliot Zarabi
    213-612-7720

3. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . It seems pretty obvious that there is a warrant out for you from what you have stated here. As I understand it, you were unaware of any "pending" case until you did a little checking. You need to get together with a good criminal defense attorney immediately, and do not speak with police without counsel present.

4. Brian Russell Michaels

2

Answered . Definitely. What happens is the Prosecuting Agency files the case and automatically issues a warrant. Some times law enforcement pick it up and try to arrest on it and some times they let it sit. If LAPD came to your house the very best thing to do is contact an attorney right now, locate the warrant and self surrender. We can handle all of that for you as quickly as you need it. If you get picked up and don't voluntarily surrender you increase the chances of staying in custody a bit longer. Im available any time.

Brian Michaels
    www.socalcrimdefense.com
    3109919179

One or more answers have been taken down.