If I have possession of cocaine and I have a green card can I live and come back with no problem

Asked 10 months ago - Key West, FL

In1998 I Wes arrested for a possession of cocaine can I apply for a passport I have a clean record since then can I travel without a problem can anybody recommend a good lawyer

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . If you get convicted of possessing of cocaine, you could be deported.

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

3

Answered . A conviction for possession of cocaine makes you deportable and inadmissible to the United States. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your criminal and immigration histories and advise you about your case. It is inadvisable to travel before doing so.

3. Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

Answered . I believe your question is whether you can naturalize as US Citizen despite your cocaine possession arrest. My first question would be whether you were convicted (this includes an ¨adjudication withheld¨disposition) and, if so, the date of your conviction. I would not travel if I were you, as a conviction for cocaine possession would render you inadmissible. Even if you were not convicted, you may have issues with your N-400 and admissibility. I suggest you have a personal consultation with an immigration lawyer experienced in matters relating to the immigration consequences of criminal activity. This way you can explore your options and make an informed decision. Best of luck to you.