If I had to settle a knee injury how much do you think I should settel for?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I'm 24 and I'm tiered of sitting around the house. I have been waiting for this case for a year. I worked since I was 16. I have a lot of opportunity's that are just passing me by. That's why I am asking this.

1. Mariam Mary Margaryan

12

Answered . You don’t provide any facts about the nature and extent of your injury or any other facts about your claim for a meaningful response.

2. Bradford Charles Brereton

Pro

10

Answered . If you have a case pending, bring these issues to your attorney. If you are able to work, you would normally be required to return to work. If your knee prevents you from working in certain fields, you are normally allowed (and in fact required) to try to find some other type of work if it available. Again, take your concerns to your attorney and let him or her know what you want to do. If you do not have an attorney, get one.

Brad C. Brereton

3. Briny Adam Woods

9

Answered . It sounds like you are indicating you can return to work, but waiting because you have an open lawsuit. I'm not your attorney, but I tell ALL of my clients not to rely on a lawsuit for their income and to live their life. I don't think someone should purposefully not work, if they are able to return to work, simply to build their case. If you physically are not able work, then that is another story.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

10

Answered . There is no way to tell without all of the facts. Has a lawsuit been started?

5. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

8

Answered . There are many facts to consider when determining how much a case is worth. When were you injured? What are you waiting for?

6. Jeffrey Mark Adams

9

Answered . Seems to me like a face to face with your attorney is ripe

7. Avedis Nalbandian

7

Answered . How were you injured? who is responsible? Is there an insurance company you are dealing with? Have they accepted liability ?? Knee surgery can cost up to $50,000.00. You must see an attorney to give you the proper advice.

8. Michael Shemtoub

7

Answered . What kind of case?

9. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

5

Answered . Assuming you have a knee injury that requires an operation, your case would be worth litigating. How much should you settle for depends on the third party insurance. What are the policy limits, how much you have in medical bills, what are your employment losses, pain and suffering should be at least 3 times your medicals. Are you permanently disable or will be made whole with the operation? Too many factors to consider and you need to fill the blanks. Succinctly, could be worth a lot depending on your specific factors. Best of luck.

10. Michael R Crosner

4

Answered . Is this a personal injury accident case or a workers compensation case etc etc etc?

Pro

4

Answered . A few more facts would be helpful.......

12. Bruce M Squire

2

Answered . I doubt any lawyer will give you an answer with a dollar amount in this forum for two reasons. 1- No one has all the information they need to give you an amount, and 2 - that kind of advice should be given in a confidential setting between you and the lawyer. You should meet with a personal injury lawyer in your area who can give you more specific advice. There are many good lawyers in Avvo in your area who will meet you for free.

One or more answers have been taken down.