If I had to settle a knee injury how much do you think I should settel for?

San Jose, CA |

I'm 24 and I'm tiered of sitting around the house. I have been waiting for this case for a year. I worked since I was 16. I have a lot of opportunity's that are just passing me by. That's why I am asking this.

1. There is no way to tell without all of the facts. Has a lawsuit been started?

2. You don’t provide any facts about the nature and extent of your injury or any other facts about your claim for a meaningful response.

This information is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only.

3. It sounds like you are indicating you can return to work, but waiting because you have an open lawsuit. I'm not your attorney, but I tell ALL of my clients not to rely on a lawsuit for their income and to live their life. I don't think someone should purposefully not work, if they are able to return to work, simply to build their case. If you physically are not able work, then that is another story.

4. Seems to me like a face to face with your attorney is ripe

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

5. If you have a case pending, bring these issues to your attorney. If you are able to work, you would normally be required to return to work. If your knee prevents you from working in certain fields, you are normally allowed (and in fact required) to try to find some other type of work if it available. Again, take your concerns to your attorney and let him or her know what you want to do. If you do not have an attorney, get one.

Brad C. Brereton

In all cases it is advisable to consult an experienced attorney. Nothing stated herein is intended as legal advice for your specific situation, and you should use the information provided solely for the purpose of choosing an experienced attorney for the problems presented.

6. There are many facts to consider when determining how much a case is worth. When were you injured? What are you waiting for?

7. How were you injured? who is responsible? Is there an insurance company you are dealing with? Have they accepted liability ?? Knee surgery can cost up to $50,000.00. You must see an attorney to give you the proper advice.

8. What kind of case?

Direct Line to Attorney: 877-427-2752 or Email: Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com; Website: www.KingofPi.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

9. Is this a personal injury accident case or a workers compensation case etc etc etc?

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

10. Assuming you have a knee injury that requires an operation, your case would be worth litigating. How much should you settle for depends on the third party insurance. What are the policy limits, how much you have in medical bills, what are your employment losses, pain and suffering should be at least 3 times your medicals. Are you permanently disable or will be made whole with the operation? Too many factors to consider and you need to fill the blanks. Succinctly, could be worth a lot depending on your specific factors. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

11. I doubt any lawyer will give you an answer with a dollar amount in this forum for two reasons. 1- No one has all the information they need to give you an amount, and 2 - that kind of advice should be given in a confidential setting between you and the lawyer. You should meet with a personal injury lawyer in your area who can give you more specific advice. There are many good lawyers in Avvo in your area who will meet you for free.

This answer is for general education purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to provide legal advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.