If i got caught with grams of crack on me and the feds hit me with a conspiracy charge how much time would i be facing

Statesville, NC |

i have been charged in a federal conspiracy back in 05 mi not on federal probation

1. What is very obvious is that you need a good criminal defense attorney experienced in handling federal drug cases. When you do that the lawyer will gather all of the needed information to provide you with an effective defense to the charges. Along with that will be sufficient information to answer the question you have posted. 6 grams of crack or any other drug does not seem like a case the United States Attorney in your part of North Carolina would be interested in prosecuting; however, you mention conspiracy going back to 2005 so I suspect that the charges invole much more than the 6 grams you make reference to in your question. DO NOT post any further details anywhere on the Internet, including social media like Facebook. Start talking to qualified federal criminal defense attorneys without delay.

2. As you know, the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines set an offense level based on the weight of the cocaine and your Criminal History. You also know you need a good criminal defense attorney that practices in your federal jurisdiction. Get an experienced lawyer in the area where the federal indictment is pending.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

3. Sentencing for drug conspiracy charges is not based upon your own personal possession, but rather how much was involved in the conspiracy. So if you had in your possession 5 grams, but the conspiracy is accused of pushing 50 kilos, your sentenced may possibly include the 50 kilos.

This is why you need to a federal attorney. Many respectable federal attorneys offer free consultation. My advice is to meet with at least one.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.