If I got a myomectomy to remove a fibroid and the scar tissue from the incision caused infertility, Do I have a case?

Waldorf, MD |

I got a myomectomy to remove a fibroid. I chose this surgery because I don't have any kids and planned on having kids in the future. I was told this surgery was good because i would be able to conceive afterwards. Earlier this month I was told the scar tissue blocked both fallopian tubes and I have to do IVF. I wasn't told that this could happen. I don't even know how to cope on a daily basis.

You may, and you may not. Scar tissue is a normal result of any surgery and not necessarily a result of medical malpractice. However, in some cases malpractice in the surgery may result in a case. Medical malpractice is based on another doctor's evaluation. I suggest you go to a local medical malpractice attorney for a free consultation.

The question is, what would have happened if you didn't have the surgery?

While I am an attorney, I am not your attorney. You should always speak with your own attorney to gain full and complete legal advice.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury